Monday 20 April 2015

Yogyakarta


We are now in the smaller city of Yogyakarta nearer the centre of Java Island.
The top photo shows some of our group sitting at a Javanese table ready to drink their special tea before having lunch.
The next two photos show the tools of the trade for working with silver and an example of what can be made! I had very little success with making a ring - the work is so fine!!!
Luckily for me there was a shop with ready-made items so I bough a necklace.
This picture is taken at Sunrise at Borobudur. We had to get up at 3.00am and travel by bus for an hour to get to this amazing Buddhist Monument. We waited for about an hour and a half for the sun to come up before we could really see what the Monument looked like.
I wonder if you can find a picture of this Monument?
There are 6 different ways in which the Buddha statues are shown in this Monument too. Can you find a picture and email it to me so I can add it to my blog???

6 comments:

  1. Hi mrs Taylor its Kian and Vinnie.The picture was Awesome how do they make that? I wish I could do that to.😊😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kian and Vinnie,
      These people are really amazing and very clever working with such fine silver thread. I'll try and find a you tube clip for you.

      Delete
  2. Will Gabby And Tobey here that is crazy!! How can they Make that silver Star with a Small amount of string Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you - Will, Gabby and Tobey.
      I'm not really sure how they make the star. We saw them working with silver and making rings. Even that work looked really tricky to make.

      Delete
  3. The picture of the silver is amazing and I can't believe how much they need to make it.From Charlotte and Tahlia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Charlotte and Tahlia.
      Yes it is amazing how far a small amount of silver can go.
      They make really pretty ear rings, necklaces and rings too.

      Delete